11th WORLD CONGRESS
The 11th World Congress
first time in Asia
will be held in Singapore
4 – 9 August 2018
arrive on 3rd August
The venue will be at Ramada Hotel
in its Congress Hall and related meeting rooms
Consciousness, Contemplation, Commitment:
The Future Is Now
We are excited about the first-ever World Congress held in Asia! Our members in Singapore have been making preparations for more than a year, and are looking forward to welcoming their Theosophical sisters and brothers from around the world. Singapore is a beautiful, multicultural, world-class city with a thriving Theosophical group. We hope you can attend!
World Congress is held not more than once in every seven years ! Join this one. Previous Congresses were held in Rome (2010), Sydney (2001), Brasilia (1993), Nairobi (1982), New York (1975), Salzburg (1966), Geneva (1936), Chicago (1929), Adyar (a Jubilee Congress 1925), Paris (1921).
Opening on Saturday 4 August at 9.30 am (Singaporean time)
Our present actions shape the future. It is the work we do now within ourselves and for others that determines what the Theosophical Society will look like in years to come. This Congress is to encourage us to actively participate in the NOW, to come to a shared vision foru our future.
Featured presenters include
Mr Tim Boyd, President of the TS
Dr Cassandra Vieten, President of the Institute of Noetic Sciences, California, USA
Program will include Lectures, TIP-talks, Presentations, Explore Groups, Grand Discussion. Public Lecture in the Regional English Language Centre. Chinese Opera, Evening by Singapore Lodge, Half-day Outing.
Can’t miss all these!
Late Registrations by 20 July 2018. Note the upgraded rates.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
After the World Congress
The TOS International Conference
(TOS = Theosophical Order of Service)
will be at the same venue
9 – 11 August 2018
Hosted by the Singapore Lodge
about the destination, Singapore website
Some photos also in this link
ABOUT THE SYMBOL OF THE WORLD CONGRESS
1. The artist Joma Sipe was “inspired” by MERLION The Merlion (Malay: Singa-Laut) is a well-known icon of Singapore depicted as a mythical creature with a lion’s head and the body of a fish. It is widely used as a mascot and national personification of Singapore. The logo is not a replica of Merlion.
2. Two of our Founders, H. P. Blavatsky and H. S. Olcott were both Leos.
3. The lion logo shows strength, leadership, but also fairness thus portraying great majesty.
4. The colors used were adopted from an original 1886 book publication Theosophy, Religion and Occult Science by Henry Olcott. Coincidentally those colors link directly with Singapore and its Chinese background and history.
|WC Program Booklet in pdf||8.21 MB|
|Overview of the program in one page, pdf||410.68 KB|
|World Congress 2018 Singapore leaflet v2.pdf||5.14 MB|
|World Congress 2018 Poster A3 II.pdf||750.6 KB|
|Late Registration Form – Singapore World Congress & TOS Conference.pdf||335.98 KB|